James A. Scott
Scarlett Systems – 2016 to Present
Princeton, New Jersey
Providing overall Program/Portfolio Management data analysis and visualization services across large dissimilar business information sources. The end goal: Assist executive project, program/portfolio owners and stakeholders to graphically “see” the risk, opportunities and progress of their initiative investments. Offering covers three main phases to change the executive stakeholder conversation from “understanding the data” to “what can we do about what the data is saying.”
- Executive stakeholder needs assessment and/or design
- Business information inventorying, gathering, normalization, loading and analysis
- Visual and intuitively interactive presentation of your project/investments’ heartbeat in terms of cost, time, resource, risk, opportunities, progress, etc.
Johnson & Johnson – 2002 to 2016
New Brunswick & Raritan, New Jersey
Senior Manager and Director Positions
Enterprise IT Standards Strategic Planning & Vendor Selection
Led subject matter experts in Program Management Office to deliver Proof of Concept, business case initiatives and led technical evaluations that drove implementation of shared emerging enterprise technologies to produce over $75M in cost savings across businesses processes (supply chain, product management, clinical trial management, etc.).
Divestiture and Acquisition Project Management
Led corporate technology teams to modify and/or extract business data from existing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and satellite systems to support J&J divestiture and acquisition initiatives (Cordis and OrthoClinical Diagnostics) valued at six billion dollars.
Corporate Finance IT Infrastructure Strategic Planning, Implementation and Support
Led Project Management Office to create business and technical team alignment on strategic plans to leverage the firm’s cloud based Software Defined Data Center effort to improve existing Corporate Controller system upgrade/maintenance processes that reduced change management risk and delivery times.
Business Data Analysis and Visualization
Data analyst/strategist delivering best practices to gather and correlate corporate Program/Portfolio Management Office information from dispersed and unorganized big data sources. Used Tableau data analysis & visualization tools and techniques to organize, understand and build dynamic interactive graphic dashboards showing risk, finances, resource/time management, projected value/benefit, etc. replacing static row and column PowerPoint/Excel reports.
Scarlett Systems – 1997 to 2002
Princeton, New Jersey
Provided computer center support, e-business studies, data analysis, IT infrastructure Project Management services that led to over one million dollars in cost savings for various clients such as US Air Force, Pfizer, City of Newark.
Other Employment Experience
Held various VP, Director, technology management, compliance and sales/marketing positions including:
- Merrill Lynch- VP, established Remote Access Project Management Office that delivered mobile computing technologies to support the firm’s telecommuting initiative and address identified network security risks.
- CitiBank- AVP, built and coached team of non-technical auditors to become network infrastructure auditors who went on to identify security exposures in the firm’s Automated Teller Machine network
- JP Morgan Bank- AVP, developed new cabling standards that reduced Local Area Network & telephone deployment costs
- American District Telegraph- Manager, developed, funded and implemented strategy for supply chain data network that produced $5M operational cost savings
- Codex/Motorola- Sales Engineer, sold data communication products to the lower Manhattan financial district. First to sell the company’s data center matrix switch to Bankers Trust. Ran the company’s annual sales convention in Scottsdale, AZ with activities that included: team-building, sales/marketing strategy and product development sessions
- ATT- Trained in the company’s Management Development Program selling voice and data telecommunication services to insurance companies in the Boston, MA
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University (formerly Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn), BSEE
- University of Phoenix, MBA- Information Technology Management (4.0 GPA)
CERTIFICATIONS, ADVANCED TRAINING & RECOGNITIONS:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 certified
- Recognized by the J&J Pharma R&D CIO for “…partnership and leadership […]to bat for Pharma R&D”
- Recipient of Johnson & Johnson Global Leadership Profile Award (Project Velocity, 2009)
- Harvard Business School- Johnson & Johnson Leadership Certification: Developing Strategy, Delivering Results